Strategic Plan Goals
1. Advance literacy and lifelong learning through innovative programs and services that meet the diverse needs and interests of our communities.
- Strategy 1 — Review and enhance programs and services for all generations of readers.
- Improve access to a collection that exceeds expectations.
- Expand readers' advisory services.
- Advance programming that encourages reading and writing and celebrates authors.
- Increase early literacy programs to reach every family in our service district.
- Partner with families, caregivers and schools to improve K-12 grade-level reading.
- Improve adult literacy rates by increasing participation in Aspire Greater Cleveland.
- Strategy 2 — Support student success through programs and partnerships with families, school districts and other community agencies.
- Help children begin school with necessary kindergarten readiness skills.
- Provide K-12 students with out-of-school time experiences that inspire curiosity and support educational outcomes.
- Reduce barriers to student resources.
- Strategy 3 — Contribute to the region's economic growth.
- Establish our position in the workforce development ecosystem by increasing awareness of services and expanding partnerships.
- Increase Innovation Centers and services to support entrepreneurs and small business growth.
- Offer programs that support non-traditional pathways to educational attainment.
2. Prioritize connections with our customers and our communities.
- Strategy 1 — Build and enhance our reputation in the community.
- Deliver excellent customer service that delights and exceeds expectations.
- Implement CCPL rebranding program.
- Revise communications strategies to ensure they are inclusive and connect with all residents in our service district.
- Strengthen relationships with community organizations and businesses to generate and expand Library support.
- Strategy 2 — Strengthen the region's social infrastructure.
- Expand information literacy offerings to support informed participation in civic life.
- Provide open, welcoming spaces that encourage collaboration and connection.
- Increase programming that promotes civic dialogue.
- Strategy 3 — Refine processes and partnerships to serve our communities through our dynamic, welcoming spaces and commitment to open access for all.
- Collaborate with local government and organizations to deliver information services related to e-government, transportation, housing and food assistance.
- Engage in partnerships to address health disparities in our communities.
3. Nurture a culture of inclusion and respect that empowers staff and equitably connects our communities to opportunity.
- Strategy 1 — Prioritize digital equity and inclusion.
- Increase digital literacy training inside and outside library branches to expand opportunity for all.
- Help narrow the digital divide and connect all residents to the digital economy.
- Strategy 2 — Integrate diversity, equity and inclusion into program and service planning.
- Develop a portfolio of programs that celebrate and advance cultural understanding.
- Build a collection that reflects and represents the diversity of the communities we serve.
- Ensure accountability through DEI outcome reporting.
- Strategy 3 — Integrate diversity, equity and inclusion into CCPL operations.
- Train and support staff as we strengthen our organizational cultural competency.
- Develop talent recruitment and retention programs to grow and support a diverse workforce.
- Contribute to economic opportunity for all by establishing a supplier diversity program.