You're invited to Passport Day
In partnership with the U.S. Postal Service and Congresswoman Shontel Brown, we invite you to join us at our Garfield Heights Branch on September 30 from 10 AM - 2 PM for Passport Day! Complimentary passport photos will be provided for all those who pay to have their application processed during the event.
Appointments required. Call 216.475.8178.
Apply for your passport and get your passport photo
Every Cuyahoga County Public Library branch is an official Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State.
- We offer passport processing and photo services 7 days a week.
- An appointment is required. Please call your local branch to make an appointment.
Passport service hours
Please call ahead to make an appointment.
Monday — Thursday / 9:00 a.m. — 8:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday / 9:00 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
Sunday / 1:00 — 4:00 p.m.
Please note: The passport application process can take 20-60 minutes per applicant. More time may be needed for complex cases involving citizenship, parental guardianship or last-minute travel. You may be asked to return at another time if the passport acceptance agent cannot complete your application prior to closing.
If this is your first passport, you must apply in person. You’ll need the following items:
- A completed, unsigned passport application filled out in black ink. Do not sign your passport application ahead of time.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate. Original or certified copies only, no photocopies.
- Current proof of identity, such as an Ohio driver’s license. Visit travel.state.gov for other acceptable forms of proof of citizenship and identity.
There are several different passport fees that may apply. Some fees are paid directly to the U.S. Department of State and others are paid directly to Cuyahoga County Public Library. We advise you to contact your local branch before you visit to determine your correct fees.
- $35 Execution Fee for each new passport, payable by credit or debit card, cash, check or money order to Cuyahoga County Public Library.
- Fees charged by the U.S. Department of State must be paid by check (personal, certified or cashier's) or money order. Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted.
- $10 passport photo fee.
For more information about fees, how to obtain a passport, U.S. citizenship or current proof of identity, please visit travel.state.gov, call the National Passport Information Center at 1.877.487.2778 or contact your local branch.
Frequently asked questions
The U.S. Department of State has the sole responsibility for examining applications and issuing passports.
How long does it take to receive my passport?
The U.S. State Department is currently advising applicants to expect long delays. Read more.
Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
If you were born in Ohio, you can visit the Department of Health's Vital Records page to get a copy. If you were born in another state, visit the Centers for Disease Control website for a state-by-state listing of contact information for obtaining vital records.
Can I get a passport for my child?
Yes, but all children under age 16 require both parents or legal guardians to be present during the application process. If one parent/guardian cannot be present, a signed and notarized Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent for Issuing a Passport to a Child must be provided. Birth certificates must be submitted for all children showing parental relationship, even if the child has had a passport previously. Children ages 16 to 17 can get passports, but they must apply in person at an official passport acceptance facility. For more information about obtaining passports for children under age 16, please visit travel.state.gov.
Where can I get information about the status of my application?
Call 1.877.487.2778 or visit travel.state.gov.
Can I apply for a U.S. Visa at the Library?
Sorry, no. We cannot handle Visas. A Visa is an endorsement or stamp placed by officials of foreign countries on a U.S. passport that allows the bearer to visit that foreign country. Foreign entry requirements vary by country. Visit travel.state.gov for details.
Don't have a CCPL card? Apply online.