1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Can you read 1,000 books to your child before kindergarten?
Take the 1,000 books before kindergarten challenge
Reading together is the single most important way to help children become great readers. It introduces them to new words, teaches them how words look on the page, and helps them understand that stories have a beginning, middle and end.
Reading to your child daily will strengthen your bond with them and create memories that will last a lifetime.
Step 1: Register
There are three ways to register for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten:
- Register your child online through Beanstack. If you already have a Beanstack account, there's no need to create a new one.
- Download the free Beanstack Tracker app from the App Store or Google Play and select Cuyahoga County Public Library as your site.
- Visit your local branch to register in person and pick up a reading tracker to take home with you.
Step 2: Track Your Reading
Track the number of books you read to earn prizes for your child. We offer two tracking options:
- Track your reading online through Beanstack. Online participants earn badges for every 100 books they log.
- Visit your local branch to pick up a printed reading tracker and receive a sticker for every 100 books read.
Remember to visit your local branch to receive midpoint and completion prizes.
Pro tip: Parents who prefer to track their reading online can also get a reading tracker from their local branch so their child can collect stickers.
Don't have a CCPL card? Apply online.