Get a CCPL Card
The Smartest Card On The Planet
A Cuyahoga County Public Library card is probably the smartest card you’ll ever own. With this simple little card you can browse and borrow items from our world class collection of books and magazines; eBooks, movies and music – plus millions of additional items from the collections of partner libraries throughout the State of Ohio. Think of all the money you’ll save!
Where can you use your Cuyahoga County Public Library card?
- All Cuyahoga County Public Library branches
- SearchOhio member libraries
- OhioLINK member libraries (includes college and university libraries across Ohio)
- All Cleveland Public Library branches*
- All CLEVNET member libraries*
Step 1. Getting A Library Card
Cuyahoga County Public Library card applications are available at all 27 CCPL branches and our MetroHealth Service Point.
Note: If you had a library account with us in the past, you will need to go to a library to re-activate or replace your card (bring photo ID); online applications cannot be processed if you are already on file.
- All Ohio residents are eligible to get a Library card.
- There is no age requirement to become a Library cardholder.
- Before you can borrow items from the Library you must provide a valid form of identification.
Please contact your local branch for information on acceptable forms of ID.
If your card is lost or stolen, please notify library staff immediately.
Before you use your library card for the first time, please take a moment to review our borrowing policies.
Cuyahoga County Public Library also offers Special Benefits Cards, Educator Cards, Institution Cards and Opportunity Cards. For more information on these cards and benefits please check out the library card policies.
Step 2. Pick Your Card
At Cuyahoga County Public Library we think choice is good thing. Some libraries offer just one library card design. We offer three! Take your pick. Which card are you?