One-on-One Basic Tech Help
Our Digital Navigators service provides one-on-one assistance at our
branches to help you or someone you care about get started with technology. Do you need to connect to the internet,
get a device or create an email account? We can help! Learn more.
Look for the Star ★
Classes with a star include an optional Northstar assessment. The Northstar Digital Literacy Project defines basic skills needed to perform tasks on computers and online. Learn more.
When students pass a proctored assessment at an approved site, they can obtain a Northstar Digital Literacy Certificate. This can be used to demonstrate proficiency or as a credential for employment. Customers are encouraged to bring earbuds or headphones to hear audio from the assessment. Log in to the CCPL assessment.
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Prep Courses
These courses will prepare you to take the Microsoft Office Specialist Excel Associate or Word Expert certification exam. To participate in these courses, you must have basic computer literacy skills and some experience using Microsoft programs. It is important that you commit to the full six-week series.To register, call 216.749.9403.
Fairview Park Branch
Mondays, September 11 – October 2, 16, 23 / 6 – 8:30 PM
(no class October 9)
Word Expert: This course will cover very advanced Word features and tools.
Garfield Heights Branch
Thursdays, September 7 – October 12 / 1 – 3:30 PM
- All classes are free.
- Classes are for adults 18 and over.
- Classes start promptly! We cannot hold seats for attendees who arrive after an in-person class has started.
- Registration is required for all classes and begins 30 days before the date of the class.
- To register, call the host branch or register online.
- For virtual classes beginning at 10 AM, registration closes at 3 PM the day before the class. For virtual classes beginning at 1 PM, registration closes at 6 PM the day before the class.
- Virtual classes are held using Zoom Webinar.
- A valid email address is required for virtual classes.
- Registrants for virtual classes will receive an email with a link to join the class at least an hour before the start time. If you do not receive this email, check your spam or junk folder, and be sure to allow [email protected] as a trusted sender.