Celebrate 100 Years of Reading
June 4 - August 14
In honor of Cuyahoga County Public Library's 100th anniversary our 2022 summer reading theme is "Celebrate 100 Years of Reading."
Participants in our summer reading program track their reading to earn midpoint and completion prizes, and grand prize raffle entries. Register to participate online or in-person at your local branch.
Step 1: Register
There are three ways to register for our summer reading program:
- Register online through Beanstack. Pre-registration begins May 2. If you already have a Beanstack account, there's no need to create a new one. Simply log in to your existing account to access the program.
- Visit your local branch to register in person.
- Download the free Beanstack Tracker app from the App Store or Google Play and search for "Cuyahoga County Public Library" as your site.
Step 2: Track your reading
Participants of all ages may track their reading online or in the free Beanstack app in 20 minute increments, beginning Saturday, June 4, 2022.
- Online participants will earn badges. The more you read, the more badges you'll earn.
- Printed summer reading gameboards will be available in our branches beginning Saturday, June 4, 2022. Participants can mark an "X" on their gameboards for every 20-minutes they read.
Please note: additional prizes may be added after the start of the program.
Youth participants who complete 8 hours of reading earn a grand prize raffle entry AND a midpoint prize courtesy of Cuyahoga County Public Library, while supplies last. Midpoint prize options include:
- Doodle book
- Fun foam putty
- Mood eraser
- Coupon reedeemable for one free scoop of Mitchell's Ice Cream
- BOGO certificate redeemable for one free Cleveland Monsters game ticket with the purchase of any additional ticket, certificates valid for children ages 18 and under only
- BOGO certificate redeemable for one free Cleveland Charge game ticket with the purchase of any additional ticket, certificates valid for children ages 18 and under only
- BOGO certificate redeemable for one free Lake Erie Crushers game ticket with the puchase of one home box ticket, plus one free small fountain soda and one free Kids Zone pass.
Adult participants who complete 8 hours of reading earn a grand prize raffle entry.
Youth participants who complete 16 hours of reading earn a grand prize raffle entry AND their choice of book prize courtesy of Cuyahoga County Public Library, while supplies last.
Adult participants who complete 16 hours of reading earn a grand prize raffle entry.
Grand prizes will be raffled off after the conclusion of the summer reading program. Additional grand prizes may be added.
Youth grand prizes
- 14" HP Chromebook laptop computer
- Family 4-pack subscription to the 2022-2023 Children's Theater Series at Playhouse Square
- Family 4-pack to see "Cats" at Playhouse Square (ages 10+ only)
Adult grand prizes
- Cuyahoga County Public Library swag basket.
- 3 Play Subscription Package #1 for two (2) guests to each of the following productions in Great Lakes Theater’s 2022-2023 Season:
- "Little Shop of Horrors" | September 16 – October 09, 2022
- "A Christmas Carol" | November 25 - December 23, 2022
- "As You Like It" | March 24 – April 08, 2023
- 3 Play Subscription Package #2 for two (2) guests to each of the following productions in Great Lakes Theater’s 2022-2023 Season:
- "Romeo and Juliet" | October 21 – November 06, 2022
- "Sense and Sensibility" | February 10 – March 05, 2023
- "Ain’t Misbehavin’" | April 28 – May 21, 2023
- An Evening Out - Tickets to see "Beetlejuice" at Playhouse Square, plus limo ride and dinner
- Season Tickets - Set of 2 season tickets to Playhouse Square's 2022-2023 season.