Big Books Plus
Early language and literacy program for libraries, schools and early childhood centers
Big Books Plus are an innovative early language and literacy program for libraries, schools and early childhood centers. Created by early childhood development experts, including public librarians, Big Books Plus is designed to enhance the Storytime experience for young learners ages 2–4 by building essential early language and literacy skills and encouraging social and emotional development.
Big Books Plus includes:
- A Big Book of the title listed
- Read-aloud booksMusic
- Character cards
- Detailed storytime plans to help kids connect with the books and support topic-rich conversations
- A printed guide with articles from experts, suggestions for extending learning beyond Storytime, and resources for increasing family engagement that are available in English and Spanish.
► How to book items from our Bookable Collection
► Printable list of Big Books Plus
Big Books Plus Titles
- Alphabet Rescue
- Caps, Hats, Socks & Mittens
- Goodnight, Gorilla!
- I Am an Apple
- Is Your Mama a Llama?
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- The Little Mouse, the Red, Ripe Strawberry & the Big, Hungry Bear
- Miss Mary Mack
- My Daddy Snores
- My River