Meeting Rooms Policy
Please read the meeting room use policy and confirm at the bottom of the page.
Cuyahoga County Public Library branches have meeting rooms that are used primarily for library-related programming. When available, meeting rooms can be reserved for use by others.
- The right of a group to meet in the Library does not constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by Cuyahoga County Public Library.
- The needs of the Library and its affiliates take precedence over those of other organizations.
- The Library will notify a group as soon as possible if its meeting room reservation must be canceled.
Rules for Use
- All use of Library meeting rooms must be approved by a Branch Manager. The Library reserves the right to determine which room will best accommodate each group’s needs and assign rooms accordingly.
- Room set-up is each group’s responsibility. The room must be left in the condition in which it was found unless other instructions are given.
- Library audiovisual equipment is available with the understanding that the meeting room users will be able to independently operate this technology. Equipment varies by location.
- Commercial, non-commercial, or nonprofit groups reserving a meeting room in advance must consist of at least five (5) individuals. Maximum attendance is determined by the local fire code as well as space and parking limitations. Groups of three (3) or fewer may not reserve meeting rooms in advance but are permitted to use meeting room facilities on a first come first serve basis upon availability.
- Meeting rooms are available for public use only when the Library is open. Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time of closing. (Monday-Thursday @ 8:45 PM; Friday, Saturday @ 5:15 PM; Sunday 4:45 PM). Groups that do not vacate a meeting room in a timely fashion may have their meeting room privileges suspended. The Branch Manager or designee may terminate a meeting in progress for exceeding time limits, for violating library policy or in the case of an emergency.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved a maximum of six (6) months in advance for non-commercial and non-profit organizations and four (4) months in advance for commercial groups. To be fair to all, we reserve the right to limit groups to one (1) meeting per month.
- All groups utilizing a meeting room will be required to complete and sign an online agreement. The individual signing the agreement must be an adult and is responsible for the orderly conduct of the group. In the event of any damage to Library property and/or equipment, that individual will be liable.
- Meeting Room attendees must follow the Library’s Code of Conduct. Meetings must be conducted so as not to disturb others. Groups that disturb library activities or library users may have their meeting room privileges suspended.
- Young children accompanying adult users of the meeting room shall not be left unattended in the library. Minors are not permitted to use meeting rooms without adult supervision.
- Advertising or selling products or services is strictly prohibited in library meeting rooms.
- Social gatherings such as showers, birthday parties, family reunions, etc. are not permitted.
- Non-library groups may not engage in fund-raising activities, solicit, or require donations or charge fees or admission to programs held on Library premises. Club dues and other shared costs within an organization are not considered fees. Educational entities may charge nominal tuition costs with Library approval.
- The Library reserves the right to have staff attend meetings and other events in meeting room facilities.
- Groups may serve refreshments. Each group is responsible for their own clean up. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Library premises. Any type of open flame in any area is prohibited.
- Cancellation notice must be given at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to give notice may jeopardize future bookings.
- Storage of equipment and/or supplies is not permitted.
- The name, address, or telephone number of the library may not be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization. The use of the meeting room shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply sponsorship of the group’s activities by Cuyahoga County Public Library.
If you have any questions about scheduling and meeting room use, please contact your local branch.
Adopted by the Cuyahoga County Public Library Board of Trustees on November 30, 2010. First revision: November 24, 2015. Second revision; June 28, 2022.