National Chemistry Week 2021
Fast or Slow … Chemistry Makes It Go
October 17 – 23 is National Chemistry Week and is sponsored by the American Chemical Society's Cleveland Section. This year's theme is "Fast or Slow ... Chemistry Makes It Go." Kids in grades 2 – 6 are invited to join the American Chemical Society (ACS) for an online challenge. Be prepared to get in and get messy.
2021 national chemistry week winners
Congratulations to this year's National Chemistry Week winners! Initials of the winning students are listed below.
First Place: D.C.
Second Place: J.H.
Third Place: C.E.
First Place: B.C.
Second Place: R.P.
Third Place: A.E.
First Place: C.B.
Second Place: A.P.
Third Place: G.W.
First Place: S.P.
Second Place: K.D.
Third Place: Z.K.
First Place: C.B.
Second Place: J.V.
Third Place: A.S.
- The second to sixth grade students are the primary chemists in this contest, but adult assistance and supervision is absolutely required. This is especially true in Program Step 4 (Experiment 3) in which boiling water will be used.
- All contest submissions must be submitted between October 17 and 31, 2021 only. Submissions before October 17, 2021, or after October 31, 2021, will not be accepted.
- Decisions of the judges in determining the winners in each grade group are final.
- Winners will be notified by mail as soon as possible after November 7, 2021. Each of the three winners in each grade will receive a letter of congratulations, a certificate suitable for framing and their check in the mail.
- Names of the winners in each grade group will be posted on the Library’s website at the same URL as soon as possible.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three submissions in each grade.
- 1st Place - $100
- 2nd Place - $75
- 3rd Place - $50