The Library isn’t just a place where students can DO their homework. Our branches actually offer homework HELP.
Students in grades K-8 are invited to visit one of our 10 Homework Centers for free after-school help with:
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
All centers are now open for registration, held in person at these Homework Center branches :
Homework Centers are in session Monday through Thursday during the school year. Centers are staffed by the following:
- Program Coordinators
- Homework Coaches trained through the America Reads programs at
Cleveland State University, Baldwin Wallace University, and Cuyahoga Community College
- Trained volunteers: Interested? see Volunteer Opportunities
Homework Center Guidelines
While in the Homework Center, students will be engaged in learning activities and follow the posted Library Rules of Conduct and Homework Center guidelines.
- Students will follow a suggested schedule while in the Center that includes time working in three major areas:
- Homework or reading/math assistance
- 20 minutes of reading practice
- 20 minutes of educational games or activities
- Homework Center participation is limited to one session per day lasting one hour and fifteen minutes.
- We can accommodate 25 students in each session.
Our Homework Centers are made possible through generous support from the Cleveland Foundation
For more homework help, see Kids Homework and Teen Homework to use our our premium online database resources.
Family Literacy Nights
Join us as a family for refreshments and to discuss a variety of topics that will help your students to success. Family Literacy Nights are held monthly during the school year and are open to all interested families!
Registration is required for each Family Literacy Night, at select branches.