We offer adult job seekers comprehensive guidance and career planning services. Our job and career services are free and available to adult job seekers ages 18 years and older. See below for services available for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Our professional career counselors will assess your interests, skills, personality traits, and values to help you find which careers suit you best.
Call 216.475.2225 to make an appointment to meet one-on-one with one of our professional career counselors. Career counseling is available by appointment only.
Find out which companies are hiring and learn more about companies where you may want to work.
Job Search Skills
We can help you find the right tools for your job search, learn new skills to increase your marketability, and prepare you to ace the interview.
Job Search Tools
- Learn how to write effective resumes and cover letters.
- Discover the best websites and resources to use in your job hunt.
- Improve your interview skills through mock interview sessions. We can prepare you for every type of interview, including telephone screenings, panel interviews, and behavior-based interviews.
- Access free resources that can help you gain new skills for today's job market.
We offer the training and guidance you need to conduct a successful job search.
- Develop successful job search strategies.
- Learn how to use social networking to your advantage.
- Connect with local job clubs and employment agencies.
- Discover books, resources, and websites that can help you achieve your employment goals.
Online Résumé Builders and Templates
Got Resume Builder
Note: If you just type in the website to use it, it will charge you to download it as Word document and print it. The Library-based link above lets you download your resume for free.
You can also take advantage of the online Resume Builder from Optimal Resume, where you can create and save Cover Letters and Resumes. Our Library also offers Optimal Resume, FREE to libary card holders, a résumé program which will aid you in producing a professional-looking résumé. To begin, enter the access code cuyac into the blank line and click on continue. Fill out your User Profile that will be the heading of your résumé and follow the directions about choosing section headings to create a great résumé.
Our Library's ENCORE Entrepreneurs
workshops can help you realize your dreams of starting and growing a successful business, owning a franchise, or developing a new product.
Small business owners!
See the products and services available at little or no cost to you at any of the Library's Innovation Centers.
Another way our Library can help with your job and career.