Log in to your Library account to...
- see your checked-out items and your items on hold
- to request or renew items
- to update your Library account (PIN, email address, telephone number, UserName)
- use the Internet PCs in any our our 28 locations
If you have forgotten your PIN, and your current email address is included in your library account record, click on "Forgot Your PIN?" for a PIN reset.
The Library default PIN (set when many cards are issued) is often the last 4 digits of your phone number (so it is sometimes an older phone number on file). You can try that.
If neither process works for you, please visit your local branch in person to reset your PIN as PINs cannot be reset over the phone or by email request. Our catalog login page has a link to Trouble Logging In?
Add our email addresses to your "safe senders list" and your email contacts so your Library notices are not blocked:
Please make sure your provider accepts email from the above addresses.
How to View Feeds to find items newly added to our Library Collection
On our Borrow page, we include categorized lists of new materials added to our collection under New Material Feeds (RSS). The RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Sydication) Feeds are a way to publish frequently updated information. Subscribing to the RSS feed removes the need to manually check our site for the new content using automatic browser updates.
- Viewing these feeds on computers is supported using updated versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Chrome users must download the RSS Subscription Extension (by Google) in order to view these feeds.
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10) does not support the viewing of RSS feeds. To view RSS feeds using Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 computer, open a feed on our Borrow page, and choose the “Open in Internet Explorer” option from the “more actions” icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Edge screen.
- Many smart devices do not automatically support the viewing of these RSS feeds; you need to install a feed reader app (some free, some not) such as RSS Reader.
The Library’s website and Digital Collection
are best viewed on devices using the latest versions of the following browsers (use these links for downloading
Compatibility on older versions of these browsers or alternative browsers that do not support the HTML5 standard
cannot be guaranteed.
Note for Kindle Fire Users
: Older versions of the Amazon Silk browser installed on first generation Kindle Fire devices are not fully supported for use with our OverDrive eBook catalog. For customers with newer Kindle Fire devices, it is recommended that you disable the “Accelerate Page Loading” option in your Amazon Silk browser settings. In some cases, installation of an alternative, third-party web browser may be required. Information about Kindle Fire compatibility here
Library Extension for Chrome
The free Library Extension add-on feature for Chrome
is a quick, convenient way to reserve books and eBooks from our collection when you're browsing the web. If the book is available, you'll know instantly. It will tell you what formats are available (print, eBook, and/or audioBook).
- Install Library Extension for Chrome
- Select Cuyahoga County Public Library under "Options"
- Start browsing for books on Amazon, GoodReads, Google Books, and other supported sites.
- This extension only works with the Chrome browser
For the best experience we recommend the following settings when using our website and Digital Collection:
- Enable cookies in all browsers.
- Enable SSL 3.0 in all browsers.
A broadband internet connection and minimum screen resolution of 1024x768px. are also recommended.
Be sure you are using the correct address to access and/or bookmark the Cuyahoga County Public Library website and catalog:
Are you having trouble viewing our website, catalog, or your account? Try some of these helpful tips:
- Delete the cache and cookies from your web browser.
- If you use bookmarks or favorites links, try updating those links.
- Internet Explorer users may need to turn on Compatibility View.
- If you are repeatedly prompted to enter your Library Card & PIN number in a single browsing session, set your device’s web browser to always check for newer versions of stored pages.
- Set the AutoComplete, AutoFill, or Password Manager feature in your browser to remember your Library Card/UserName and PIN.
: Third-party browser plug-ins, firewall, or antivirus software settings may interfere with the normal use of our website and hosted services. In the event of difficulties, please try disabling or updating those settings for the recommended bookmarks listed above.
Note for Windows Users
: Every Windows product has a lifecycle. The lifecycle begins when a product is released and ends when it's no longer supported. Knowing key dates in this lifecycle helps you make informed decisions about when to upgrade or make other changes to your software. Refer to the Windows Life Cycle Fact Sheet
for more information regarding the rights and limits of Windows lifecycles.